1.When I open the game the MRO logo appears and then the screen goes black.
- MRO must run in a 1024x768 resolution, if your monitor doesn't support this resolution you can't play it. Press scape to quit the game.
2.When I click the icon to play MRO, an error appears saying something about buffers.
- You need to install DirectX 6 or later in order to play MRO.
3.When I try to play MRO it says an error "MMSYSTEM o MPEG32 TASK_CMD is not successfull".
- You need to install codecs for playing MP3 files on your pc, if you don't want to install them, delete de "sonidos" folder, but you won't have sounds in the menus.
4.I downloaded some tracks but I can't see them in the game.
- The tracks must be placed on the "circuitos" folder. For example, if you download the Imola track, the path to it would be /MROfolder/circuitos/Imola
5.I can't connect to online races.
There are 5 type of problems:
- There is people that cannot join online races and if they host nobody can join, there is NO solution to this problem.
- The second problem is, that when we refresh the games list, appear games wich are already closed. When you create a game it is updated in the website, but if the website fails and you close the game, the game appears as it is online.If the game status isn't updated in an hour and a half, the website deletes the game automatically.
- If you have any bandwith consuming program running you won't be able to join an online game, you must close it and you'll be able.
- The last problem is the firewalls, If you have a firewall installed you will see the games list, but you won't be able to join, you must disable it. Windows Xp comes with a firewall too, in order to join a game you must disable it.
- Wichever the problem is, you will always get the same error, "No se puede conectar a la partida o ya no existe."
6.When I start a new online game, nobody can join it.
- You have the same problems as above, (bandwith consuming programs running, firewalls...) and if you are behind a router, you need to open the ports you are going to use to host. You can use any port, but don't use the most common ones such as web, ftp... The most recent antivurus can give problems too.
7.All the menus are screwed up.
- That's because you changed the windows default fonts (screen properties). If you set the default to 96ppp for winXP and 125% for the other windows will work fine.
8.When I start the game, everything locks up.
- In some Win95 or 98 if you put cars with more than 256 colors the computer completely locks up. You can download all the cars with 256 colors in the official website.
9.When I start the game, an error says that the file logo.bmp was not found.
- You didn't respect the MRO folders, when unzipping the game, there is an option "use folder names" wich must be selected.
10.I see some tracks blurry.
- This happens with the TNT2 graphic cards and when the track width is more than 4000pixels. It also happens when you try to run it in window mode and 32bit color depth, this game only runs on 16bit colors, if you are on running on window it uses the screen default depth, but if you are on full screen the game uses automatically 16bit.